Monday, September 3, 2018

3D Week 02 (Minecraft-ish Level)

So, this week I'm tasked with creating a Minecraft level inspired piece using cubes I created and edited with Maya. I then had to texture them in Photoshop and Import them into UE4.

So, first up was creating my cube. It needed beveled edges and proper UV mapping in order to apply textures and shaders to it. I created my textures in Photoshop and then made sure they were lined up properly with the UV's in Maya.


I then went ahead, after making all of my textures, into Unreal Engine and imported my assets. Once done, I went and created my materials in order to apply to the cubes.


Using the materials I made, along with the cubes they were applied to, I created a scene, lit it, and added a fire and fog effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment