Thursday, September 27, 2018

2D Class Week 05 The Art of John Berky

This week was a study in one, two, and three-point perspective. The artist to study was John Berky, known best for his sci-fi heavy concept art. I was tasked to choose any of his pieces and then choose an element from that piece to re-create using Maya to assist in achieving form, lighting  and perspective through camera.

I decided on this piece and wanted to focus on the space cruiser:


I took the image and imported into Maya as an image plane in order to create a template for the base of the structure and then began building:



Once I finished building the primitive mesh, I then applied lighting and camera in order to replicate the piece: 



I then imported the render file into Photoshop and painted over it, using what I made as a template for the 2D piece. Final Product: 






No comments:

Post a Comment