Monday, September 10, 2018

3D Week 03 Lego Project Part 01

This week we got together as a class and broke into teams in order to create assets for an Unreal Lego Model from a location in The Lord of the Rings franchise. I'm part of the Nature team, so we're tasked with mostly modeling the terrain. My chosen unique Lego model is a boulder. They're stats set them at 4x4x3 Lego bricks. 

In order to build my brick, I imported a pre-made mini-figure and prongs from out Unreal Lego Library to assist me in scale. They're aren't many photos of this piece online so i didn't have much reference to go off of, but, I think I got the molding on the boulder pretty close. I started by making a cube with 4x4x4 subdivisions and then adjusted the edges to fit the profile. 


I then just went at it by pushing and pulling vertices. I made sure to clean up my mesh and went back in and modeled my own prongs.


Here's the completed mesh:


After completing the model, I went ahead and imported it into our library. Here it is in the scene. There's a couple bugs regarding textures, but, I figure once the UV's are done, that should clear up any issues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment