Monday, September 17, 2018

3D Week 04 Lego Project Part 02

This week consisted of the second half of building our class Lego project based on the Lord of the Rings. Being part of nature team, there weren't many bricks to build and so all we needed to take care of was cleaning up our bricks and building their LODs.

So, I started with taking my Boulder brick and re-topologizing it to have cleaner edges.



I was tasked with making a low and high poly version of the brick in order to create the LOD to export to UE4. 

Low Poly Version has 533 Faces:



High Poly Version has 645 Faces: 


I then created the LOD group in Maya and exported as an FBX to import into UE4. Once in UE4, I was able to create an instance of the basic lego material and rename it for the boulder and alter the color specs. Once I finished with the material instance, I started staging them in the scene. 


Current/Final placement of the Boulders used in dress setting:


No comments:

Post a Comment